Monday, June 3, 2013

The Baby Show: SPF 50 Below


Players:  Brad, Gus, Hope, Ruby
Location: The Kitchen

Brad:  "Ruby, come over here and get some sunscreen on, we're going to the park."
Ruby jogs over "The Park! My preschool friends."
Brad: "Sure." Shakes the spray lotion and eyes Ruby. 'I think this will be easier if we just take your clothes off."
Brad Strips Ruby down.
Ruby: "I'm naked!"
Brad: "You aren't, you still have underwear on." Sprays the lotion on her.
Ruby: "Oh, it's coldie."
Gus toddles over: {What's happening over here, it looks fabulous.}
Brad sprays more lotion on Ruby and begins to rub it in "It's sunscreen."
Gus slaps the living room table {I demand you spray me with that concoction. It looks fabulous.}
Brad: "I will when I finish with your sister." Ruby shudders a little as Brad sprays down her back.
Gus: {You are withholding something obviously stupendous. Hurry up, I want it!}
Brad finishes. "All right. Your turn." Strips off Gus's clothes.
Gus: {This is so thrilling. I have never been so full of anticipation in my whole life.} Looks at Ruby {Was it amazing?}
Before she can answer, Brad spray's Gus's arms.
Gus shudders: {That's bracing.}
Brad rubs in the lotion and sprays Gus's back.
Gus: {DEAR LORD, MAN. IS THAT LIQUID NITROGEN? DID MY BACK SHATTER?}
Brad rubs it in and sprays Gus's legs.
Gus: {I WAS MISLED. THIS IS THE WORST KIND OF TORTURE.} Looks at Brad in betrayal. {YOU FIEND, HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO YOUR ONLY CHILD?}
Brad: "You aren't an only child."
Gus, calming down a bit: {What was that?}
Brad picks up Hope and strips her down.
Hope: {Whoa, Whoa, Whoa; I did not sign up for this. Get your death spray away from me.}
Gus {Run Hope, it's horrible.}
Hope slaps her little feet on the ground, ineffectually. {I don't seem to be making headway.}
Brad: "You barely sit up." Sprays her chest down.
Hope blinks: {That...was...AWESOME.} She starts to wiggle in excitement, a huge smile on her face. {Do it again.}
Brad sprays down her arms and legs.
Hope: {That will WAKE YOU UP. I've never felt so alive. HIT ME AGAIN!}
Brad sprays down her back
Hope squeals in delight {THAT'S THE STUFF!}
Brad: "Well that was a surprise. You liked it?"
Hope: {Oh yeah, almost better than a nice, cold 4-oz boob milk.}
Brad: "Well, great. Let's get going." Puts on a baseball cap.
Hope in a heartbeat turns bright red and screams {NOOOOOO, IT'S SOME SORT OF DEMON DUCK! HELP ME SAVE ME!}


(Original Posting on 5/16/2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment