Monday, June 3, 2013

The Baby Show: The Magic Word.


Players:  Brad, Gus, Ruby
Location: The Kitchen

Ruby: "Daddy, what's in your mouth?"
Brad: "Nubfin"
Gus: {YOU'RE EATING! I MUST TASTE IT NOW!}
Brad swallows. "You both have snacks in front of you right now, you don't need mine."
Ruby: "I like your snack."
Gus: {A Bite this instant!}
Brad: "It's a protein bar, it tastes like cardboard. You both have orange juice and graham crackers. You aren't missing anything, I promise."
Gus: {YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID. PLACE A BITE IN MY MOUTH.}
Brad: "Can't I have some of my own food for once."
Gus: {TEACH US ABOUT SHARING!}
Brad sighs. "Can you at least say please?"
Ruby sweetly: "Please, daddy?"
Gus: {FINE. PLEASE INSERT YOUR FOOD BAR INTO MY MOUTH HOLE!}
Brad gives Ruby and Gus a bite. "Now eat your own food."
Everyone chews.
Gus: {I have finished the bite you gave me. I would appreciate another.}
Brad: "No, eat your own food."
Gus: {As long as you have food and I can convince you to give me bites, I shall do so. Then I will eat my own food as well.}
Ruby Sweetly "Please Daddy."
Gus: {Ah yes.} grabs tray authoritatively and glares. {PLEASE.}
Brad sighs.


(Original Posting on 5/15/2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment