Monday, June 3, 2013

The Baby Show: Immediate Culinary Satisfaction


Players:Brad, Gus, Hope, Ruby
Location: The kitchen - having just got home from the park, we all sit down for lunch.

Gus, with tears {WHERE IS THE FOOD, FATHER!?}
Brad: " You've been sitting in your highchair less than 10 seconds, I'm getting it."
Gus: {THE CHAIR DENOTES IMMEDIATE CULINARY SATISFACTION, I WOULD LIKE IT NOW!}
Ruby: "Can I have some milk?"
Hope: {Yo, could I get some super puree'd orange mixed veggies out of a plastic cup?}
Brad  hands ruby milk, puts puffs out for Hope: "I'll get your food in just a minute, Hope."
Hope: {Thanks for the puffs!}
Gus: {I STILL HAVE RECEIVED NOTHING IN THE WAY OF FOODSTUFFS.}
Brad puts a bowl of mixed salad in front of Ruby and Gus.
Ruby pokes at it with her spoon
Gus {WHAT IS THIS MONSTROSITY?}
Brad: "It's a salad with pork, ham bits, avocado, lettuce, and raisins."
Gus, calming slightly. {I see.}
Gus dumps entire salad out of bowl and onto tray, begins picking out the raisins.
Brad rubs his face with his hand
Brad: " What are you doing?"
Gus: {This lunch you serve us is obviously some sort of educational game where I am to find the raisins in all this chaff. This seemed the most efficient way.}
Brad: "No, you are supposed to eat all of it."
Gus stares at Brad in disbelief {You can't be serious.}
Ruby "I don't want this daddy, it's yucky."
Brad  looks at Hope, while rubbing his face and getting a little red.
Brad: "and you, Hope? How are you doing?'"
Hope: {Dude, Chill out. I'm cool.}

(Original Posting date of 5/14/2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment