Saturday, October 1, 2011

Sensitive Geek MAN: Armageddon it

Today I finished a 2-part blacksmithing class.

We made a forge, which is the part of the blacksmithing paraphernalia that heats up the metal. So now I am the proud owner of a smallish device that can (when used correctly) produce temperatures around 2000 degrees.

That is a spicy meatball.

I like learning. I like taking classes and learning how things work and learning how to do things. even if those things seem a little silly. I have a long list of things that I want to learn how to do and blacksmithing is just one of many

Blacksmithing is a little weird because it is hard to argue really getting into it in a modern society. So instead, I arguing it by relating it to skills I will need during the Apocalypse.

See, I don't believe in a pretribulation Rapture, so i think that I am going to be stuck here during the Apocalypse (assuming it happens in my lifetime).  If that is the case, I may be living in an area that suffers complete societal collapse and then I will be happy that I learned how to blacksmith, or kill/grow my own food, that sort of thing.

You think I'm crazy? We'll see how crazy I am when you need me to make you some sort of weapon to fight of the  Vampire Zombie Robot Nazis.

No comments:

Post a Comment