Friday, October 5, 2012

Before Brad@Home: Fire Walk with Me

Over the last few years, I have been trying to become a firefighter.
It isn't something that I have kept secret, but I also didn't scream it from the rooftops, partially because I didn't want that pursuit to cause any issues with my current employer.
I feel like i can be a little more open about the pursuit because it's over, and I will not be going off to have that adventure.
My experiences over the last 3 years will probably take up several of the next posts, as I go through the history of the pursuit, my thoughts on it, and the outcome.
Mostly what I want to show is that, even though the circumstances did not work out the way I would have liked, the Lord worked in it and through it. There are parts of it with which I am upset, confused, or disappointed;  but ultimately it served to push me deeper into my dependence on Christ. Therefore, it was a worthwhile endeavor.
The subsequent posts on the subject may have moments of anger, sadness, and doubt in them; but I wanted to post this first to assure you that, though you may see some honesty that makes it seem that I am still caught up in anger or resentment, I am trying to show how God worked slowly through those trials, humbled me, and glorified Himself.
In my walk with Him, I must decrease so he may increase. My hope is that an honest (and probably unflattering) look at that process will not only help me, but maybe you as well.
And if not, it will hopefully at least be entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment